It seems like everyone has an iPhone these days and why not, despite a few issues, they’re an amazing tool. But with all those iPhones out there, how do you make yours stand out from the crowd?
One way is to get a custom case, which also protects the phone, but what about the wallpaper? We all start out with the default shot of the moon but you can use any image in your phone’s photo gallery as wallpaper.
Maybe you’ve set yours to a shot of your significant other, your kids or your pet. What if you want to go a step further? Do a quick Google Image search on the term “iphone wallpaper” and you’ll see well over 3,000,000 examples. While I don’t believe it’s legal to download any image you see on that search results page, there are plenty of sites offering free, and beautiful, wallpaper images already optimized for the iPhone.
You don’t have to limit yourself to a single image, either. You can download several and switch whenever the mood strikes. It only takes a few seconds.
To set a custom wallpaper on your iPhone, tap on the “Settings” icon, press the “Wallpaper” icon and scroll through any of the photos in your user’s library to select the image. There are a number of ways to get the images onto your iPhone. The simplest for me is to download them on my PC and send them to myself as an email attachment. When you view the image in your email, tap on it and the iPhone will give you the option to save the image.
- GabO-GarabO – Some very original artsy and retro designs here.
- Allistair H – Interesting phrases and he’s also got links to some comic based wallpaper.
- Flickr – Tens of thousands of images formatted for the iPhone.
- Veer – Some amazing art formatted for the iPhone. Check out their backgrounds for the iPad, too.
- InterfaceLIFT – Over 400 formatted for iPhone 3gs as well as higher resolution for the iPhone 4 and iPad.
Also, if you’re competent with Photoshop and want to create your own iphone wallpaper, here’s an excellent post to show you how to get great results.